Thursday, August 03, 2006

So, as I was saying....

Well, now that my boss's computer is in the land of broken toys, and the technicians with more knowledge than I are attempting to resuscitate it's broken husk, I have a spot of time...

So, my litany of things to think about involves the following:
  • I do too much.
  • I try to do even more.
  • Multitasking should not be a lifestyle.
  • Juggling while multitasking isn't either.
  • Normal people consider a job stressful, much less a job and school and becoming debt free in 2 years. And I cannot consider myself in the normal people category. I'm not allowed :-)
  • I'm apparently stresed out, although not as much as I technically should be. I'm a marvel of efficiency and coping skills.
  • I need to spend more time doing nothing at all, apparently.
  • There's a reason it drives people nuts when I can't just sit and watch a movie.
  • It's all my mother's fault.
  • Apparently I cope really well until the bucket is full. When it is full, I need to stop and empty the damn thing. Apparently school fills it up doubly quick. Better to empty it more often.
  • I am vastly more relaxed about controlling my world, but I still have a ways to go.
  • Bullet point lists are for type-A personalities. I have become one of them. Even more so if I also do an Excel spreadsheet analysis with graphs.
  • I need to breathe more.
  • I need to keep working out and bashing things with rattan.
  • I need to get the hell out of school as fast as intellectually possible.
  • I'm pretty fucking awesome, and some law firm is going to adore me. And pay me money to match when they realize all the things I can do.
  • I am truly happy with my universe. It's pretty spiffy.
  • I need to be kinder to myself. I'm a thirty something, uncoordinated goofball with a history of not exercising terribly much. I can't do everything, be everything, or be good at everything. I'll just have to deal with being as I am.

So yeah. I'm ok, you're ok. I just need to make sure I go to Pennsic, relax and unplug for a week. Sleep, fight, dance, drink, and take a real, actual vacation from the universe before I dive in. And I'll be ok. Everything will be just fine.

1 comment:

John Hulsey said...

Ah, the perils of being a Type A personality. No, not just any Type A, but the penultimate, epitome of a Type A personality. No, no... the iconic Type A. Or the ultimate definitive Type A with...

Wait. What was I trying to say again?