Thursday, August 31, 2006

Penguin girl

Feeling pretty ridiculous today...

Two days ago I had a great workout in the gym. Second time since Pennsic, lots of reps, feeling pretty good, just the usual soreness, right?

How about no? Two days later I can barely walk. Most of me is fine, but apparently the squats and lunges were way too much for my quads. Everything is fine, except when I bend my legs, sit, walk on stairs, etc. Anything that involves my quads contracting brings a lovely bout of burning pain. Yup, I did a number on myself.

So I'm toddling around my universe like an oversized penguin. Ever tried walking without bending your legs? It gets comical rapidly. I hate picking things up, and I'm certainly not walking up any more stairs today. Using a spear this weekend should be entertaining. I think this is the universe telling me not to take my body for granted, eh?

No comments: