Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Overwhelmed!

So it's my, what?, 7th time to Pennsic, and I still get overwhelmed by looking at the schedule!!!

Just dug out the battlefield and class schedules, and by all that is party-like, there's a buttload of stuff to do, and that's not counting all the running arround and saying hello!

So it looks like I'll be fighting most days afterall, depending on how I'm holding up physically. I even found out that I just barely qualify as a Dwarf for the Dwarves v. Giants tourney :-) Everything looks like a ton of fun, and should be a blast. It'll be a nice send off for my crappy helmet as I scrape up the last of the cash to finally get a newer one. More eBay! More sewing stuff for people! Put more padding in the helmet in the meantime, it'll survive a bit longer..

So, technically I could fight about 6-8 hours per day most days, then dance all night and roam around partying. And that's not counting squeezing a class on "Medieval mustards" if I get the hankering to do so. I get the feeling I'm going to crave sitting down a lot :-)

And I'm packed. Thank goodness for hockey duffels! Nothing is tightly packed, so if it's somehow bigger on the way back, I should be fine. I think I packed about half of my garb. That's an achievement, considering I have something like 10 saris, 20 or so pieces of Middle Eastern, and a smattering of other bits and pieces. And I'll probably need it all. Now where is that damn pale green choli?! I think I need to make more cholis....

I'd better fly out soon before I cram more crap in my bags...

No comments: